Deaf off Drugs and Alcohol
Deaf off Drugs and Alcohol (DODA) was funded to improve alcohol and drug treatment services for people who are deaf or hard of hearing. DODA counselors, case managers and coordinators were fluent in American Sign Language and knowledgeable about deaf culture.
- Assist with finding and providing local treatment.
- Develop a communication plan based on consumers’ needs and preferences.
- Assist individuals in developing a plan to live alcohol and drug-free.
- Provide additional counseling and case management services through videophone appointments.
- Consult with treatment providers about interpreting needs.
- Assist in finding interpreters for Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
- Advocate for additional services or accommodations when necessary.