Geauga County Board of Mental Health & Recovery Services
Statement of Identity & Mission
The Mental Health and Recovery Services Board is comprised of volunteer citizens, commissioned under Ohio Law to serve as the local mental health and substance abuse authority for the Geauga County service district. The Board’s purpose is to assess community needs and to plan, organize and manage public resources so essential services are provided.
In carrying out this mission, the Board subscribes to the following ideals and service philosophy:
- The most effective services are recipient driven and recovery-oriented services that place the person above the organization.
- Since community needs change, establishing service and funding priorities is an ongoing process.
- Resources shall be applied toward services that are measurably effective.
- The Board advocates for the community it serves and demands accountability.
- Prevention, education and treatment recovery-oriented services are complementary, not mutually exclusive.
- Effective services are accessible services for the community served.
- A community worth living in looks after its own, in all its diversity.