Minority Behavioral Health Group
Minority Behavioral Health Group was established in 1998 to provide mental health services for the various growing minority populations in Summit County. MBHG is the first and only African-American nationally accredited and state certified community mental health agency in the state of Ohio. MBHG is a community health agency that consists of psychologists, counselors, pastors, case managers, and administrative personnel who are committed to providing culturally appropriate and comprehensive counseling services to Summit, Portage, Stark, and Cuyahoga counties.
The primary goal of MBHG is to provide counseling services to an often under-served African-American community. The (professionals) counselors share the cultural/ethnic backgrounds of the individuals served and have a unique understanding of the personrsquos worldview. An Africentric based philosophy of treatment and education is utilized to promote wellness in the individual, family, and community. Services are designed to promote human potential and encourage spiritual growth. MBHG is a comprehensive resource for African-American people that provides counseling, education, outreach, and consultation services.
The Minority Behavioral Health Group (MBHG) consists of psychologists, counselors, and pastors who are committed to providing culturally appropriate, comprehensive counseling services to individuals and families.
1. Psychological evaluation for clarifying issues to facilitate the counseling process.
2. Individual, couples, family and group counseling.
3. School-based Therapy
4. Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment Services
5. Consultation Services for those who have emotional behavioral concerns.
6. Referrals for Medication/Somatic Treatment Services by Psychiatrist and MDrsquos.
7. Counseling, workshops, and seminars such as: Self-Esteem Issues – Grief Counseling – ADHD – Racial Identity – Cultural Sensitivity – At- Risk Youth – Anger Management – Race Relations – Communication -Career Development – Job Search Strategies – Counseling Skills – Relationship Issues – Drug Abuse – Anxiety – Stress Management – Parenting – Social Skills