RockAbility welcomes musicians with disabilities into existing, performance-based musical projects of varying genres. Participants work with local mentor musicians who already gig and record. A successful audition demonstrating an ability to play an instrument or sing is required to participate.
– Build community connections
– Elevate self-advocacy
– Establish & build touch-points with audiences
– Demonstrate integration in action
– Improve musical skills
– Have fun and rock out!
1. Weekly rehearsals
2. Small ensemble performances at existing open-mic venues
3. Large group performances: fully integrated rock / blues / funk / folk / country music show