The Fine Arts Association
Create and Discover Beauty
This reflects our highest aspirations for our organization as we strive for artistic excellence and represents the pedagogical principal in all our educational programs and performances.
We use this statement provocatively understanding that the word beauty is a subjective concept. Yet we see beauty in much more than the art itself. We see beauty in the process of Creation and Discovery. We see beauty when a child learns how to make their first sound on a flute or paints their first picture. We see beauty when a previously shy student can deliver their first lines on stage. We see beauty when a child struggling with emotional or communication challenges can positively express themselves and what they feel through Music or Art Therapy. We see beauty in the inspiration our students, teachers, performers, and clients provide and the aspirations they hold onto firmly.
We see beauty in everyone and the potential they have to inspire and be inspired. We see beauty in art and the beauty in the humanity that creates art. Our hope is that as each person Creates and Discovers Beauty, they also discover and affirm the beauty we share in our common humanity often found in the diverse talents we are given, the skills we develop, and the rich cultural heritages we share.
A Community Empowered by the Arts
What does a “community empowered by the arts” look like?
A Community Empowered by the Arts is a collection of people able to:
- Experience life more fully
- Tackle difficult social conversations
- Find their inner voice
- Participate in the arts
- Be arts consumers
A Community Empowered by the Arts is:
- A community of individuals transformed by the process and experience of creation and discovery.
- A more connected community as members discover and reflect a greater mutual appreciation for its diversity and differing forms of expression.
- A more economically robust community as arts contribute significant dollars directly and indirectly to local economies each year and helps drive economic benefit through concerts, art exhibitions, and much more.